Birthday Day!
Since my birthday fell in the middle of the week this year, we decided to celebrate my birthday the weekend before. I have been wanting to eat at this local restaurant with our friends, ever since I met up with some old coworkers there for happy hour a couple of years ago. We kept talking about it, but it never happened until I decided to make it my birthday brunch!
We went to Root Down for a delicious brunch! We had scones and muffins for our appetizer. I had a mimosa and lamb burgers with sweet potato fries. It was all so good. It was super fun to spend the lunch with Jason, Jarrod & Rachel, and Bradon.
After our yummy lunch, we went by Target to get snacks, then we headed to the theater to see The Hobbit! It was super fun to see another LOTR movie for my birthday because the other ones all came out around my birthday as well. It just felt right to see it for my birthday. The movie was great, and I would recommend it!
We didn't end up doing a cake or anything, but on my real birthday we went to Chili's and had dessert with James & Loren. We attempted to go get my free froyo for my birthday, but the place was CLOSED. Seriously?? Just randomly closed in the middle of the week. It had snowed that day, but I didn't think businesses could just be closed!
We also celebrated my birthday in Texas with my parents by getting burgers at Chop House Burgers. They have a burger with brisket mixed into the patty. Oh man.
It was great to have my birthday celebrated over the span of a week with so many people that I love!
I can't have a post without a picture again, so here's a picture I took of Kingsley on my real birthday. He was intent on looking at something outside our door. Pretty cute!
Comments