Second Annual Family Visit!

The month of July was absolutely nuts. And it all started off with a wonderful visit from my parents and sister!

The three of them arrived on Tuesday, early in the morning. I picked them up from the airport and took them to our little house! We spent the rest of the day running errands and shopping. It was so much fun to just be with them. We went to Costco, which is becoming somewhat of a regular occurrence when they are here. The highlight of the day was our visit to the Apple Store! My sister got a new MacBook Pro, my mom got an iPad, and we got an iPad as well! We were completely surprised when my parents bought the iPad for us! It was so sweet.


That first night they were here, we took everyone out to one of our favourite restaurants for Indian food. It was so much fun to have them try some of our favourite food with us.

On Wednesday, it was Fourth of July! Jason got to stay home from work, so we decided to do the classic burgers at home. We spent most of the morning walking around the park by our house. It was a beautiful sunny morning!



I was feeling festive, so I made a little patriotic bow tie for Kingsley. Yes, not only do I make dog quilts, apparently I'm also a person who makes now ties for her dog. It was really a great relaxing day all together.



On Thursday, Carlee went to spend time with her friend Rachel. Before she left, the three ladies decided to do some Leslie! We always love to do these workout videos together, because we are giants nerds. We also watched Downton Abbey for the first time with my parents which was pretty fun! We had a low key day together while Jason was at work and Carlee hung out with Rachel. We ended the day by cooking dinner for them at home. After dinner we went to celebrate Jason's birthday at Granny Scott's Pie Shoppe. This place has amazing pie... We had found a Lord of the Rings Pez set earlier in the day when we went to the mall, so we gave it to him there. He was pretty surprised!

On Friday, we decided to go play disc golf! I tried to take my parents to the one at Red Rocks Community College, but when we got there it was gone! I had no idea, so we ended up driving up to Arvada to Memorial Park. We had a lot of fun out there, and we even got to say hi to my friend John who lives right by the park. We got to meet his new dog, which was definitely a highlight. Carlee met us at the park when we finished, then we all drove down to meet Jason for lunch at Chipotle. We hung out for the rest of the day and had leftovers for dinner. After dinner, dad, Jason, Carlee, and I went up to see Reg at an event at church. We had intended to just say hi, but we ended up sitting in his office and talking the entire night. We capped off their last night in town by going to get froyo!

We all got in bed early because we had to get up for a 6 am flight! Every time I do one of those, I always says never again... But that's another story for the next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joan Holloway

2010 Recap

Our Own Backyard