Homemade Granola Bars
I've been looking for a good recipe for homemade granola bars for a long time. I finally found a great recipe and I can't stop making them! And these are even better than store bought granola bars because there are only 5 ingredients and they're super easy to make.
Recipe adapted from Whole Foods:
Ingredients
2 cups of quick cooking oats
1/6 cup (8 teaspoons) canola oil
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I don't measure, I just pour it in!)
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread oats on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Allow oats to cool to room temperature. Combine remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add cooled oats. Spread mixture into a 8x8-inch baking dish that has been sprayed or oiled, pressing down hard to compact it. I use a smaller pyrex on top of wax paper to make it all flat. (I have tried this in a larger 13x9 dish, and it did not turn out as well.)
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely and cut into 8 bars. Store in ziploc bags. Even better, put the ziploc bags inside a Tardis!
Nutrition info per bar (from Whole Foods and myfitnesspal.com): 176 calories (70 from fat), 7g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 3g protein, 27g total carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 14g sugar), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium
Recipe adapted from Whole Foods:
Ingredients
2 cups of quick cooking oats
1/6 cup (8 teaspoons) canola oil
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I don't measure, I just pour it in!)
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread oats on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Allow oats to cool to room temperature. Combine remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add cooled oats. Spread mixture into a 8x8-inch baking dish that has been sprayed or oiled, pressing down hard to compact it. I use a smaller pyrex on top of wax paper to make it all flat. (I have tried this in a larger 13x9 dish, and it did not turn out as well.)
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely and cut into 8 bars. Store in ziploc bags. Even better, put the ziploc bags inside a Tardis!
Nutrition info per bar (from Whole Foods and myfitnesspal.com): 176 calories (70 from fat), 7g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 3g protein, 27g total carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 14g sugar), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium
Comments