Mother's Day

Happy day after Mother's Day! I hope you got to enjoy the day with your mom, or if you can at least talk to her on the phone. I'm writing this the week before Mother's Day, but I plan to Skype with my mom, and my mother-in-law will be in town staying with us!

I really wanted to make something for my mom and mother-in-law this year. I can only make so many random things for myself, so I love getting to make things for my family! Sorry family, expect homemade things for Christmas and birthdays this year... I'm having way too much fun to stop!

My Mother-in-law Karen has a Kindle Keyboard and a Kindle Fire. Conveniently, both devices have almost the same dimensions. Sweet! So I made her a soft case for whichever one she chooses. Jason went to the fabric store with me and helped pick out the fabric. He specifically wanted something purple.


We picked the outside fabric first, then had a bit of trouble finding a coordinating fabric for the lining. When Jason saw this fabric, he just said, "This is it!" Karen has always loved music, and she's recently taken up playing the piano again. We thought she would enjoy the little surprise of musical note fabric inside!



My Mom doesn't have a Kindle or anything like that, so I decided that I wanted to try something new that I hadn't made before, but that I thought she would use, at least for the summer!

After some trial and error and reading quite a few tutorials on Pinterest, I figured out how to make a sunglasses case! It's a bit oversized, so it will fit one big pair of sunglasses or maybe a couple of small ones. I know my mom has lots of sunglasses floating around in her car at times, so I thought she could use this! And the colors are bright and summery! I'm thinking of making myself a clutch from the same fabric. Or maybe another sunglasses case!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joan Holloway

First Finished Quilt!

A Tank Top & Two Yards of Fabric