30 Day Shred - Level 1

Day 2 - Pretty sore when I woke up this morning, but I got up early to work out! It was easier to do today. I think maybe because I just drank water before I started instead of eating something. I could do 10 pushups for each set today. I still didn't use any weights, but I think I may get some out for day 3 or 4. I feel less sore after finishing it than when I got up!

Day 3 - Definitely still really sore, but it isn't as bad as I imagined it would be before I started. I did 12 pushups in each set today! I added my Leslie Sansone water weights, which are really light but still better than nothing. Yesterday, I was absolutely wired all day after working out in the morning. I am hopeful that this will be a positive change for my energy level!

Day 4 - The soreness is starting to lessen. Maybe part of it was walking a couple of miles last night. I think that loosened me up. Today was still hard, but I was trying to push myself a little harder than I had been. I didn't eat anything before I started, and it was really hard to eat breakfast after I finished. I felt like if I ate anything hot I would throw up. I had a bowl of Special K, but I really need to figure out a breakfast with more protein. Oh, and I did 14 pushups in each set today!

Day 5 - The soreness was almost completely gone, but I put more effort into the movements today, so I expect it to be back tomorrow. I did 15 pushups in each set! I really didn't feel like getting up to do this today, but I knew I would regret it if I skipped a day. The cardio is still really hard; I'm not sure when that is supposed to get easier. It's only 2 minutes at a time, which makes me feel like a big wuss, haha. Maybe by Day 10 it'll feel easier? Oh and all this week, I have had so much more energy at work. Yay!

Day 6 - Does the cardio EVER get easier?? I'm not sore today except in my thighs. I did 15 pushups in each set again. I should mention that these are girl pushups. I tried ONE real pushup today and just about cried, and definitely cursed Jillian. I'm really happy with how I'm feeling after the workouts through the day though, so I guess I'll keep working at it.

Day 7 - Woohoo, I finished a whole week! Soreness is still gone except for when I do the side lunges. I did 5 real pushups, then finished it out with girl pushups for 15 in each set. I went on a walk with Jason right after, and that was probably a bad idea. I was really dragging by the time we got home. It seems like the workout is going pretty fast every time.

Day 8 - I finally didn't feel like I was dying during the cardio! Woohoo! I was crazy sore around my ribs this morning, I think from the FIVE real pushups I did yesterday, haha. I did it again today and rounded out to 15 girl pushups in each set. The million squats still hurt like mad and it doesn't seem like it's going to go away. I'm so excited I've made it this far, and I'm really seeing some results already.

Day 9 - Cardio is still holding strong! Feeling pretty good today. I can't believe I only have 1 more day at Level 1 and then I'm switching to Level 2. I'm sure it's absolutely going to kick my butt. I feel so good about what I've accomplished so far! Still did 15 pushups in each set. Looking forward to tomorrow! And still absolutely LOVING my energy level from working out in the morning. I feel so good!

Day 10 - Last day of Level 1!! Squats were still ridiculous, but I did TWENTY girl pushups in each set. I'm so incredibly proud of myself for doing 10 days of this.

Okay, so if you read all of that, good for you! I've been adding to this post every day as I finished a day. I can't believe I did it!! I weighed myself and took all my measurements this morning again. I was a bit disappointed because I only lost .2 pounds, which is weird because I weighed myself a few days ago and I was down 1.5 pounds. We'll see if it goes back down.

The fantastic news is the loss of inches - Three and a half!! A whole inch lost from my waist, one from my thighs, a half inch from my hips, and a half inch from my calves. So maybe the pounds aren't falling off, but the inches are coming off and my pants are feeling looser.

I'm taking a day off from the Shred tomorrow, then I'll start Level 2 on Thursday! Looking forward to seeing the new ways that Jillian is going to make me hurt in Level 2.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joan Holloway

First Finished Quilt!

A Tank Top & Two Yards of Fabric