Ruffles!

So I've been doing well with my personal goal of making 1 new thing each month. I think it's going to get even easier, because earlier this month Amazon was having a great sale and I got this:


I had been using a sewing machine that I got from my cousin, but I dropped it right when I got it and it messed up the bobbin. Jason figured out how to fix it, but it would break periodically, usually in the middle of sewing. So I bought this beauty! It's a Brother CS6000i computerized sewing machine. It's the same one I learned on when I took classes at Fabric Bliss, so it's super easy for me to use right away.

Over Spring Break, I've been working on my first project on this machine, and my project for March! I decided that I needed a Euro style pillow for our bed. But I wanted it to have texture. So I got on Pinterest and found some tutorials for a ruffle pillow cover. I read a bunch of them and used a hodgepodge of what I learned from them to make my own.

I have to say... I am thrilled with how it came out! It didn't actually match our bedding (turns out our duvet is just the slightest off-white, and this bright white makes it look dingy when they're together. Boo.), but it works perfectly in our bright and cheery guest room. I'm so happy it worked out! And it looks perfect in there with the swirly pattern on the comforter.



When you come visit, it's waiting here for you! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joan Holloway

2010 Recap

Our Own Backyard