2011 Recap

Maybe I should blog more next year... I'm not sure. I'm kinda bummed out and frustrated with myself that I haven't been keeping up with this. Just dealing with normal life stuff with my two jobs, Jason in school, and Jason with a new job has proved overwhelming. I really wish I would write more though, since I have such a hard time remembering things. I love to look back at my blogs and remember seasons in my life. Hopefully I can keep some sort of track of events and feelings in some way. I'm also buying a paper journal just for myself that I hope will be helpful as well.

Anyway... here's a recap for 2011! And again, I have to go back and look at my tweets to remember everything.


January
We celebrated the new year with Dominoes Pizza and Skype with our lovely friends Kyle and Liz. I started trying to do my hair (natural) curly. I tried Zumba on my own for the first time. I did our taxes, expecting a nice refund, and we owed because Jason's job didn't withhold anything! It was the worst! I started teaching SmartBoard classes to teachers on my own. I watched all of Veronica Mars.

February
We started February with not one, but TWO snow days. Though there was no snow... it was -20 degrees outside. Kingsley got to wear his snowboots quite a bit. James and Loren moved to Denver! Blue Bell announced that it was coming to Denver too! I made my first Gooey Butter Cake for Jason for Valentine's Day. I got a day camp job, but I couldn't take it. I went to see Pete Yorn and Ben Kweller with Rachel! I got the stomach flu at the end of the month.

March
We celebrated Dr. Seuss's birthday at school. I was recognized as a Developing Power Librarian by my district and superintendent. My job got cut to half time 8 days later. I read ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS and it was so amazing that I wanted to read it again right away. I made kale chips! Jason gave me a new video game and fixed me a sweet dinner. We had Spring Break! I applied for several jobs over the break. I celebrated 6 extra years of life!

April
I watched Friday Night Lights, even though it was a little too close to reality. I made READ posters for every staff member and student at my school. I hosted girls night at our apartment. Our VERY interesting neighbors moved in across the hall. They christened the new apartment by letting their dog use a box lid on the deck as a bathroom. I made my blog private because I taught my elementary kids how to Google themselves. We found a cat in our apartment complex and kept her all day until we finally found her owner late at night! We celebrated Easter with Jarrod & Rachel. I had awful pain in my side all night and had to go to the ER. It ended up being a virus (and expensive).

May
I ran my second Book Fair. My job got posted, so I could reapply for it. I interviewed for my job + half time at Red Rocks, and got it back! I cried more that day than I had in a long time just from the stress of it all. I made the end of the year mix CD for Green Gables. I quit the summer job I had gotten before it even started. Jason's parents came to visit for Memorial Day! We went to a Cardinals vs. Rockies game.

June
We housesat out in Arvada for our new friends the Jones. Jason and I had a nice day-date with a movie and Chick Fil A. I bought Kingsley a bowl that he STILL wouldn't eat out of. We found out that we were moving to the new townhouse. We got paid for housesitting the exact amount we needed to pay for my hospital bill from April. I took my first sewing lesson at Fabric Bliss and made a tote bag. We went hiking in Evergreen with James & Loren.

July
Jason's parents came in town to work on the townhouse. My parents came in town for the first week of July and ended up working on the townhouse too! We painted every wall in the place, and it took forever. I started playing on a basketball team for the summer. I kicked over a bucket of paint all over our bedroom on our last day of painting! (But it came up.) We moved into our new place on the 14th & 15th, then celebrated Jason's 26th birthday on the 17th! I made a Key Lime Pie, as is tradition. Jason finished his second semester of grad school!

August
We bought the nightstands that match our bedroom set from IKEA. Only 4 years after we got the bed. And 2 years after we got the dresser. The set is finally complete! My little sister and my grandpa came to visit for the weekend! Jason and I celebrated 4 years of marriage. We got Indian food, saw Cowboys & Aliens, and I got to wear a beautiful dress. I started working at two schools. We saw a snake on a walk with James & Loren, and we all ran away screaming. Lauren and Ian came to visit for a quick weekend.

September
I worked a LOT. And basically slept whenever I was home. I bought a Nikon D3100 and was super pleased with it!

October
Jason and I went up to St. Mary's Glacier on Oct 1 to see the changing colors. Jason got his job at CCU! We went to Steuben's to celebrate. I did my Book Fair at Red Rocks and we sold almost $11,000 in books. I got sick right after, even though I took a day off to try and prevent it. I bought my very first snow boots for my third winter in CO. We took pictures in our neighborhood in the fall leaves. I got my face painted at work for Halloween and wiped it off within 15 minutes. Ugh, I couldn't handle it! James and Loren came over for Halloween. James scared kids and I made blood muffins.

November
We joined the gym, and I started going to Zumba and Step Aerobics. Amazing! I finally watched Firefly. We sent Thanksgiving cards. We also started Crock Pot Wednesday. I took a boot camp class at the gym and it was SO HARD. I sewed my own curtains, including the lining! We celebrated Thanksgiving with Jarrod and Rachel at our house, and Jason brined the turkey. The next day, we went to the Pike National Forest with The Cox family and cut down our Christmas tree! I got my very first smartphone, and it was only $2 on sale.

December
We got the proposed budget cuts at work, which included 44 teacher librarian positions. Nothing in stone, but I started thinking about what else I could do for work. I went to the staff Christmas party for Red Rocks and it was actually fun. I flew to Texas to surprise my little sister for her college graduation. I spent a lovely five days with my family, including my birthday! We had such fun. I flew back home and was surprised by my lovely Jason cleaning the whole house for me! We got 14 inches of snow over the break! Jason's parents came to visit for Christmas, and we had a lovely week with them. We finished the year with housesitting again for our friends in Arvada.

All in all, it was such a wonderful year for us. We are so happy with our life in Colorado. I am so happy that Jason finally has a job that he loves so much and that he is so good at. We are looking forward to another year of good things and new adventures in 2012!

Comments

Katelyn said…
It sounds like a great year! My mouth dropped when I read the amount you were paid was the exact amount for your hospital bill! Providence, much?? I love you and hopefully I can make it up this summer so I can see yo' new digs... I have been saving!!
I know, right?? God's provision is AMAZING. Can't wait for you to come up here! There's something about having friends and family come see where we live that makes it even more wonderful. It makes it more real to share it with you.

Popular posts from this blog

Joan Holloway

First Finished Quilt!

A Tank Top & Two Yards of Fabric