Down in the dumps
Well, I haven't blogged in a while because I've been a bit down. Logically, I should have come here and been positive, but I was making huge efforts in "real life" to be positive, so I didn't even feel like I had the energy.
My job is up in the air again. There's no guarantee for employment next year, especially in my current position. I'm really bummed about it. Things will work out and I'll find another job if I need to, but it's not fun. Everyone around me has been so wonderful though. With so many of my coworkers that I've never even had spiritual conversations before, I've had conversations that have all ended in the other person telling me that they'll pray for me. It's awesome to see God show up like that in conversations.
So we'll see. I'm trying to stay hopeful and positive, but I have my days. Like Tuesday when I just went for it and had ice cream for dinner. And Wednesday when I almost cried at our staff meeting because everyone kept talking about how wonderful our staff is and how we're like a family. I don't want to leave my family!
So here's my new verse. I'm a little behind since I've been down in the dumps, but we got a perfect verse this morning at church. I'm so thankful for our preacher, Reg. He is such a good speaker, but he also is friends with us and cares about us. So precious.
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me." John 14:1, NIV
My job is up in the air again. There's no guarantee for employment next year, especially in my current position. I'm really bummed about it. Things will work out and I'll find another job if I need to, but it's not fun. Everyone around me has been so wonderful though. With so many of my coworkers that I've never even had spiritual conversations before, I've had conversations that have all ended in the other person telling me that they'll pray for me. It's awesome to see God show up like that in conversations.
So we'll see. I'm trying to stay hopeful and positive, but I have my days. Like Tuesday when I just went for it and had ice cream for dinner. And Wednesday when I almost cried at our staff meeting because everyone kept talking about how wonderful our staff is and how we're like a family. I don't want to leave my family!
So here's my new verse. I'm a little behind since I've been down in the dumps, but we got a perfect verse this morning at church. I'm so thankful for our preacher, Reg. He is such a good speaker, but he also is friends with us and cares about us. So precious.
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me." John 14:1, NIV
Comments