Can we please talk about how tiny this girl's waist is? You may know that I'm a big fan of the show Mad Men. You may also know that I'm a somewhat curvy girl myself, though nothing like Christina Hendricks, who plays Joan (Holloway) Harris on Mad Men. I mean really. Look at those gorgeous curves and that impossibly tiny waist! If I could pick any perfect body (to me), this would be it. She is all woman. And she looks so healthy! And by healthy, I mean that she looks like she actually eats. Ah. I aspire to have curves like that. Womanly and soft, but still healthy and toned. Gorgeous!
I am so proud. After over a month of working on it (off and on), I finally finished my first quilt! For some reason I was having anxiety about quilting and especially binding it, but it ended up being totally fine. I don't know why I was so worried. It turned out great! Mission accomplished... he likes it!
I've been falling a bit behind on my goal of making something new once a month this year. Jason is in Texas this week to attend Summit at ACU, so as soon as he left, I got busy sewing! I pinned this tutorial a reeeeally long time ago (26 weeks ago to be exact, thank you Pinterest for knowing that) and I finally decided to try it. I picked out the fabric for the skirt a long time ago too... June, I think? Whenever I took that quilting class, I picked it up. And I've had this tank top for YEARS (probably since high school) and it's always been too short. Perfect project for it! This tutorial would have been really easy if I had a sewing machine that worked well with elastic thread. Alas, I have a Brother, which has a drop-in bobbin, which makes it a nightmare to work with elastic thread. Awesome. I decided to attempt it anyway, and gave up on my Brother after about 30 minutes of frustration. Luckily! I still have the Kenmore that my cousin gave me. It has some bobbin i...
Comments